Thursday, November 19, 2015

Worship God Anyway

While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped…  Job 1:18-20


This is just a word of encouragement to you who are reading this blog today. In all honesty, this morning I woke up with the urge to sulk and be sad. I woke up disappointed and didn’t even want to pray. But me being the kind of person I am, I got up and told myself, “You don’t have time for this today. Get up, get dressed, and keep it moving. You don’t have time to be sad…sorry.” When you have been praying for change and God has promised you change, but you don’t see anything happening, it can become wearisome. Your heart can become weary from waiting on the Lord for years and trying to keep a smile on your face. The temptation to stop praying and do your own thing presents itself and seems like the reasonable option. The urge to be sad and depressed instead of worship can seem logical. However, as I was driving to work the Holy Spirit reminded me of this righteous man named, Job. As everything that was beloved to him was taken away, he fell down and worshipped God. When things were not going his way, when it seemed God had forgotten him, he worshipped. The bible says in Job 1:22, “In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.”

As I drove I poured out my heart before the Lord. The Holy Spirit began to tell me to worship God anyway. As I exalted Him, the Holy Spirit began to bring to my remembrance certain scriptures. I then I began to recite them back to God. As you’re standing on the promises and Word of God, you have to give God back His Word. The bible tells us that He magnifies His Word above all His name (Psalm 138:2). The HCSB version says, “You have exalted Your name and Your promise above everything else.” He is a God that is true to His Word regardless of what it looks or feels like. The Holy Spirit then reminded me of Abraham as he believed God; it was accredited to him as righteousness. In the beginning of Genesis 15, God makes a covenant with Abraham. He gave Him a promise that seemed impossible to believe. Yet, he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness (Gen. 15:6). Abraham, being fully persuaded that, what He had promised, He was able also to perform (Romans 4:21). We have to believe that whatever God has promised, He is able to perform it, even now. And He will do it according to our faith.

Be encouraged. Don’t give in to the enemy today. He wants you to get depressed and not believe the promises of God. He’s after your faith. Hebrews 11:6 tells us that, “Without faith it is impossible to please God.”  Decide that you will bless the Lord at all times and His praise shall continually be in your mouth. The bible says in 1 Thess. 5:18, "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." We are justified by faith in Jesus Christ and the just shall live by faith. So by faith, worship God anyway.

Be Blessed.

A.M.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment